10 Reasons Why I Love Breakfast - And an Easy Breakfast for Any Season!
I feel completely guilt-free in saying that breakfast is my absolute favorite meal of the day!
This little snack above is a perfect example of a super healthy breakfast that is delicious and something I just recently started liking. I've never been a huge fan of cottage cheese coincidentally, until our honeymoon really! We stayed at an all-inclusive resort and while we had endless options at breakfast, sometimes I liked just having a piece of toast with cottage cheese, olive oil, salt and sliced tomatoes. This is a version of that!
Here's the recipe:
One small sandwich thin lightly toasted
About two table spoons of cottage cheese
One half of an avocado
Sea salt and pepper
About a teaspoon of olive oil
Four grape tomatoes, halved
Here are 10 reasons why breakfast is my favorite:
- Mornings always seem nostalgic to me for some reason and I love waking up in the morning (usually on weekends, let's be honest) with nothing to do but figure out what I want for breakfast
- It reminds me of being a kid again
- I love eggs, bread and any sort of pastry
- I love the smell of coffee in the morning, and I love the experience of drinking coffee and sitting down to read a magazine or watch TV (check out this adorable coffee mug)
- Breakfast time is when my favorite Food Network shows are on, and I love watching those while I'm eating (crucify me ok, I love food)
- I love cooking, and breakfast usually involves more minimal clean-up to me for some reason! (Even if it's a mess, I don't mind cleaning as much in the morning!)
- Breakfast helps set up my entire day, and sometimes it can kick off the best of days by having a hearty meal
- I like cooking for other people, and I love being with a group (family, friends, you name it) in the morning. For some reason it feels more special to me since it's a time you don't usually hang with someone besides your significant other (I can just imagine my new kitchen and filling it with these pink plates!)
- I don't feel as guilty eating something bad, because breakfast always feels like a treat
- You can whip something together in minutes, and have it be the most delicious meal of the day!
I also love finding cute dishes for breakfast, and I can't wait to finally have our own home to pile through all of the dishes we received from our wedding registry (I especially love these Kate Spade dishes)! Below are some cute ones I found that I wanted to share, in case anyone is looking for some cute and affordable dishes in their lives!